Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fortress at Beech Mountain Day 2 & 3

Bikeman braves the effects of higher altitude at the Fortress at Beech Mountain and continues training....

Day 2 was marked by illness thought to be brought on by the massive change in altitude.  Despite feeling like having a skull made from balloons, I still went and did repeats on the climb from the Fortress at Beech Mountain to the pinnacle of Beech Mountain itself.  Stopping just short of my head exploding, I downed multiple bottles of water and slept through the night.  Here's what others did while I nursed my altitude sickness ridden body...

Scott Igo's Beech Mountain Descent

Day 3, I awoke with minor head ballooning but was kept inside by torrential down pour and high winds.  While others went out and braved the conditions, I opted to stay inside and heal my altitude crushed body.  I kept training to a minimal one hour on rollers in the basement.

Arc hard, ride fast, go plaid!

No comments:

Post a Comment